This can be called a demonstration of Thai history and spirit by means of entertainment. Siam Niramit is a perfect show to discover and respect Thai rich culture. With hundreds of dancers and musicians and unique props, this show will impress you with breathtaking performance.
In addition, you will be overwhelmed by the highest stage in the world which is recognized by Guinness. There is also a river with many “real” boats, dancers look like the fairies surfing from the roof. All can only be described by the word “amazing”. Moreover, you can enjoy a wonderful dinner.
- Address: No.19 Tiamruammit Road
- Getting there: free bus service by Siam Niramit, departing from Thai Cultural Center MRT station from 5.30 pm
Muay Thai Live: The legend lives
If the performances of dancers at Siam Niramit are too elegant, you can come to Asiatique to watch the Muay Thai Lives show. The manly dancers perform traditional Thai Muay. The great martial arts is the real battle with the sword and stick. All will be a martial arts film combining art full of labels that you can see in the most honest way.Not only is the martial arts, this show also incorporates Thai history in a clever way. With tales of heroes fighting the enemy with no weapon, or brave military police war, … A majestic history that the Thai delicately bring visitors from four directions is as a proud cultural gift.
- Address: No. 2195 Charoen Krung Road, Asiatique stage at Riverfront
- Getting there: take the BTS from Saphan Taksin and boat
Calypso Cabaret Show
Cabaret show is not unfamiliar to those who have ever heard about Thailand. As the show of sexy ladyboys, there are hundreds of shows in Thailand. If you have the opportunity to travel to Bangkok, don’t miss the most spectacular and the greatest show – Calypso.
Situated in the same area as Muay Thai Lives, Calypso is also located in Asiatique on the banks of the Chao Phraya River. But if Muay is strong masculine, then Calypso is charming and no less strange because all the sexy dance moves or seductive screenings come from the real guy.
Will you recognize their differences if you approach them? The answer is almost impossible!
- Address: Asiatique the Riverfront. No 2194 Charoenkrung Road 72-76, Prayakrai, Bangkorlaem.
- Getting there: take the BTS number 3 Silom to Saphan Taksin station, then get to Asiatique. Travel by boat of Asiatique then gets to the house number 3.
Golden Dome is a new one in the list of the most famous cabaret shows in Bangkok. Although golden dome is not able to compete with Calypso in terms of scale and history glorious, it can match the Miss Universe contest. Ladyboys are dressed up like royalty and give you the perfect look at the cabaret show. If you want to experience a real night of entertainment, come to the Golden Dome.
- Address: Khwaeng Huai Khwang, Khet Huai Khwang, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon
- Getting there: take the taxi from Sutthisan MRT station
Although there are no sexy ladyboys, Nanta show still attracts tourists. This show is the story about the chefs trying to prepare a great party but is destroyed by the manager’s niece. You can’t help laughing when watching this show.
This 90-minute show is full of laugh when the awkward cook turns himself into a laughing stock or when the furniture in the kitchen “reluctantly” becomes instrumental to perform the fun music. You will relax after watching this show.
- Address: 31/9 Soi Soonvijai, New Phetchaburi Road, Bang Kapi, Huai Khwang, RCA Plaza Bldg, the first floor
- Getting there: MRT Phetchaburi station