Huai Nam Dang National Park is the area well-known for beautiful scenery especially in winter, when breathtaking views of mountains are shrounded under a sea of mist and the path along the foothills of the vantage point (Doi Kiew Lom) is covered with beautiful flowers in full bloom.
The National park is a scenic splendour located amidst the rugged high mountains of the Thai-Burmese border. It is well-known as one of the most picturesque seas of mist in Thailand. If visitors choose to go there in the cold season when the temperature drops and the sky is crystal clear, they will have the opportunity to enjoy innumerable, twinkling stars in the celestial sea.
Huai Nam Dang National Park is one of the country’s favorite tourist attractions. The Kio Lom scenic area is the most popular place during December-February, when tourists love to stay overnight to witness the impressive sunrise and the soft white sea of mist enshrouding entire vast valleys. On a sunny day the majestic Doi Chiang Dao mountain wonderfully emerges from the sea of cloud and can be seen vividly.
- Doi Gew Lom viewpoint: Most nature lovers are fascinated by the spectacular scenery of the sea of mist at Huai Nam Dang National Park. The whole area is blessed with a pure, natural beauty which is rarely seen nowadays. On any clear sunny day visitors can capture a panoramic view of the entire area in the distance and enjoy watching sunrise and sea of clouds in the morning especially in winter season.
- Doi Chang viewpoint: This highest viewpoint offers delightful view of orchid hanging from trees. This place deserves to be a source for nature study. It is in the north of Doi Gew Lom viewpoint.
- Pong Deau hot spring: There are 3 to 4 big hot springs and some small ones scattering all over the area. Water erupts from geysers in a small stream, creating clouds of stream in the woodland. Sometimes, the hot water erupts as high as 2 meters. The temperature of water is about 90 to 99ºC. There is a nature trail, Pong Duead Nature Trail, which covers a distance of 1,550 meters.
- Mae Lat Waterfall: With its 40-50 metres high, the waterfall is located in Tambon Mueang Haeng, Amphoe Wiang Haeng. Chiang Mai.
- Tha Pai hot well: The boiling water bubbles from the well. Its heat is about 80ºC. This hot water create hot current with clouds of stream all over the area. Tha Pai hot well is located about 30 km from the park headquarters. It is in Mae Hee village of Pai district in Mae Hong Son province.
- Huay Nam Dang waterfall: This 4 level waterfall is surrounded by plants of evergreen forest and marvelous rocks. This spectacular waterfall is located in the area of Huay Nam Dang village, Mae Taeng district of Chiang Mai province.