Spicy, meaty, and packed with fresh flavours! I like this as its really quick and easy to make, and you don’t really need any hard to find ingredients. If you have made Thai food before, you probably have most of what you need in your kitchen right now.
- 300g beef frying steak (any beef can be used, goes really nicely with rump steak too)
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 sliced cucumber
- 3 tbsp chilli paste
- 3 chopped red chilli
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 finely chopped lemongrass
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/4 cup of sliced spring onion and coriander for garnishing
- Step 1: First we need to thinly slice the beef into thin strips. Then place the strips into a mixing bowl along with 3 tbsp of oyster sauce. Mix the sauce into the beef and leave it to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Step 2: Heat a pan or wok with some cooking oil on a high heat, then add the marinated beef. Stir fry the beef until it is cooked to your preference, then turn off the heat.
- Step 3: Add 1 tbsp of sugar to the pan and stir it in. Then pour the beef and sauce into a mixing bowl.
- Step 4: Now add 3 tbsp of chilli paste, 3 tbsp of lime juice, 3 tbsp of fish sauce, 3 chopped red chillies, 1 finely chopped lemongrass, and 1/2 sliced cucumber. Toss the salad until all of the ingredients are thoroughly mixed in.
- Step 5: Add 1/4 cup of sliced spring onion and coriander, or whatever garnishing you want, mix one final time, and then serve!